Saturday 8 August 2015

Top 5 Mac Red Lipsticks

Hi everyone!!  I've compiled a list of my favourite Mac lipsticks.  I hope you enjoy and it gives you some inspiration for the next time your at the MAC counter.  Mac is one of my favourite brands of makeup and especially the lipsticks.  I find them very long lasting, definitely worth the splurge.







Russian Red

From MAC main collection.  This is a matte lipstick.  Its a blue toned red.  Now I don't think you need Ruby Woo and Russian Red as they are quite similar, but if your an addict like me you will want it.


Brave Red

From MAC's main collection.  This is a creamsheen finish.  It's super glossy on the lips and very comfortable to wear.  It's described as a bright warm red colour. 


Ruby Woo

This is one of MAC's most famous lipsticks.  From the main collection it's a classic red and a must have in every girls makeup collection. It's  a retro matte and is really drying on the lips and quite hard to apply.  But I assure you, it will not budge all day once you apply it.


Lady Danger

My favourite MAC lipstick. Again from the main collection.  Its an orange red that suits all skin tones.  It's a matte finish.  This colour look fab when you have a tan, but even the palest can pull this one off.


Cockney

This was my first MAC red lipstick.  It's a lustre finish and quite easily to pull off everyday.  There isn't as much lasting in the lustre finishes but they are super moisturising on the lips. It's an orange red with a slight hint of gold reflects through it.  Again this is in the main collection. 

From Left to Right:  Russian Red, Brave Red, Ruby Woo, Lady Danger, Cockney.
Picture have been taken with flash & without flash.





So here is a couple of tips for wearing red lipsticks


  1. Wear simple eye makeup and let the lips stand out
  2. Check that there is no lipstick on your teeth after you apply
  3. Use a lip pencil to match the colouring of your lipstick
  4. Apply with a lip brush and use concealer to clean up the edges.
  5. Try and pick the tone of your red lipstick to suit your skin tone, warm or cool. 
Let me know if any of these are your favourties, or what ones you prefer?

Love Eithne x

6 comments:

  1. So much pretty! I love a good red lippy especially a red MAC lippy! I love how you said check your teeth. Lol! When I wear red some how I always end up with it on my teeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mac Ruby Woo and Lady Danger! Nice post Eithne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want lady danger 😍😍 great post missy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want lady danger 😍😍 great post missy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want lady danger 😍😍 great post missy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love red lips. It's sort of a statement for me :) I discovered so many new excellent products recently. I love MAC though - I always come back to it in the end :)

    www.iDorottka.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete