Monday 27 July 2015

Top Budget Beauty Buys

Hi Everyone!

I'd thought I'd compile a list of my Top Budget / Affordable Make-up Products that can be bought in drugstores & pharmacies.  It's not always about buying the top high end product to achieve the best results.  Some times the budget drugstore beauty brands provide the exact same thing and even better sometimes a fraction of the cost.

I'm going to try a pick an item from each section of your make-up routine to achieve a glamorous look on a budget.  Starting from primers, foundations, powders, contouring, eye-shadows, lipstick etc.

I've tried to put in two examples into each to suit your skin type and have a different choice.  It's a long post and I hope it gives you some inspiration on what to buy! I've linked where possible to pick up the products. Hope you enjoy it.




1.      Primer 
o    L'oreal Mattifying Primer (Oily / Combination Skin) €12.99
o    L'oreal Lumi Magique for a more luminous look (Dry Skin Type) @ €14.99  

I've done a review on the Loreal Mattifying Primer click here if you want to read more. 



2.     Foundation  
o    L'oreal Infallible pro matte (Oily / Combination Skin)  - €12.29
o    Bourjois Healthy Mix  (Dry Skin Types) @ €12.99

I really like both these foundations, I prefer the healthy mix for more lightweight wear and the Loreal Infallible for night time.  Both these can be bought at Boots (click here) to direct you to the boots site.




3.     Concealer 
o    Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer @ €5.79
o    Maybelline Fit Me Concealer €8.99

The Collection concealer is a holy grail item for me and in this case I find this concealer better the more high end brands of ones i've tried.  Both these items can be bought at boots click here



4.     Setting Powder
o    Rimmel Stay Matte Powder @ €5.99
o    NYX Stay Matte not Flat @ €10.99

The Rimmel powder has been a favourite of mine since my teens, I've re-purchased this product over and over again throughout the years.  Rimmel can be bought at Boots
Recently I came across the NYX and works just as well.  I think this even keeps the shine at bay for longer.  NYX has only recently been available in Ireland and you can find it at select pharmacies.  It can be bought @ Sam McCauleys or click here
5.     Bronzer
o    NYC Sunny Bronzer @ €3.49
o    Catrice Sun Glow Matte Bronzing Powder @ €4.49

I love a matte bronzer and these two are always in my makeup bag. Catrice Make up can be bought in Pennys (Primark) and NYC can be bought in bootsAgain the same with the NYC Bronzer, although this has a slight shimmer but the price is amazing for the quality of the product you get.  Can be purchased at boots.




6.     Contouring
o    Seventeen Define Contour Pallet - €8.49 -Boots
o    NYX Blush in Taupe - €7.49 - Sam McCauleys

The NYX one is actually a blush but it's so cool toned it a great one to use for contouring. The Seventeen Contour Kit comes with two powders. A highlight & Contour.  I love the highlight shade for setting my under-eye concealer as it's matte but brightening.  




7.     Blusher
o    NYX Blushes - €7.49 - Sam McCauleys
o    Sleek Rose Gold (Dupe for Nars Orgasm) - €13.49

Both these products are amazing.  The sleek one is a great one for travelling as it's so compact and a choice of three blushes.  The one in the middle is the Rose Gold one as has a gold shimmer through it.  






8.     Highlighter
o    Sleek Contouring Pallet - €13.49 @ Boots
o    Seventeen Instant Glow - €6.99 @ Boots 

I've been using the Sleek contouring palette for a while now and love it, but recently came across the Seventeen Instant Glow.  If your a fan of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick then this is a must for you.




9.     Eye-shadow Primer
o    Essence I Love Stage - About €3.00 Pennys
o    NYX Eye-shadow Primer Pot  €9.00 Littlewoods

    Both primers makes eyeshadow last longer and intensifies the colour 





10. Eye-shadows
o    Sleek Eye-shadow Palettes - €10.49 @ Boots 
o    L'oreal La Palette Nude - €21.99 Boots 

Both these palettes are great for daytime & night time looks.  A nude palette is essential in everyone's collection.  The L'Oreal one is a bit more expensive @ €21.99 but at the moment they are doing a 3 for 2 in Boots.




11. Eye-liner
o    Collection Fast Stroke - €3.99 @ Boots
o    Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eye-liner - €11.99 @ Boots

These are two really good eye liners.  If your a fan of liquid eye liners then I fully recommend the Collection one.  The gel one requires a bit more practice to master. But keep at it you will get there.




12. Mascara
o    Essence I heart extreme mascara - €3.99 @ Pennys
o    Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - €7.49 @ Boots


Picked up a backup of the essence one in pennys yesterday, it's such a good mascara.  A couple of coats of this and it looks like I'm wearing false lashes.  The maybelline is another great one, I really like the brush on it for lengthening your lashes.




13. Brows
o    Sleek Eyebrow Kit - €10.99 @ Boots 
o    Rimmel Brow This Way - €5.49 @ Boots

Love both of these.  Choose either to match your colour best.




14. Lip Pencils
  • Wetnwild Lip Pencils - €1.99 @ Dunne Stores
  • NYX Lip Pencils - €4.99 @ Sam McCauleys  

  • Both these are a must have.  I'm going to do a full review on these & swatches.




15. Lipstick
·         Wetnwild Matte Lipstick €2.99 Dunne Stores
·         Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks - €6.99 @ Boots 
          (Buy one get one half price)

 I've done a full review on the Wetnwild Matte Lipsticks            click here.  I've even picked up a couple more since.                  The Kate Moss ones are really good and even though a            matte lipstick they are not drying at all and are long                  wearing.

           

16. Lip Gloss
·         NYX Butter Glosses - €6.49 @ Sam McCauleys
·         Revlon Lip Balm Stains - €10.99 @ Boots  
           (3 For 2 on Revlon)



 I've also done a full review on the NYX Butter Glosses              click here.  I'm only new to the Revlon Stains but                      loving them.

Let me know if you have any budget beauty buys that are dupes or more affordable as just as good as the high end version. I'd love to hear and to try.

Most of these products can be bought in boots.ie 
or Sam McCauleys or participating pharmacies.

Hope you all are enjoying my blog.

Luv


Eithne x

2 comments:

  1. I love Kate's lipsticks for Rimmel. Especially a matte finish. I love your review here on some great makeup finds. :-) http://bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, thanks for your comment! I love them too, will definitely be investing in a few more. In boots are the moment they are doing buy 1 get one half price!

      Delete