Tuesday 14 July 2015

L’Oreal Infallible 24H foundation & L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Primer



L’Oreal Infallible 24H foundation


Today I’m reviewing the L’Oreal Infallible 24H foundation & L’Oreal Infallible Mattfying Primer.
I’ve heard great things about this foundation and wanted to give it a try.  I firstly tried it without the primer and now I’m using with the primer and find it much better for my skin type.
I’m in the shade 260 Golden Sun (Yellow toned).  It can it bought in boots for €14.99 but look out for it on offer for two L’Oreal products for €18, or at the moment Boots are doing a 3 for 2 on L’Oreal.



Coverage

It’s quite light but buildable.  I use a flat Kabuki brush to make it more buildable.  It has a quite tacky finish, but I leave it a couple of moments to dry.  It drys to a satin finish. Then I set with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. 
It can be applied with a beauty blender for a more sheer luminous finish.
It’s quite thick in consistency, so a little goes a long way.

How it lasts

Now I haven’t tested out the 24 hour staying power.  It lasted quite well for 10 hours.  I did have to powder a few times to keep shine at bay.  I did find it lasted much better with the matching primer (review below) applied underneath. It claims to be no transfer, I don’t find this is correct, I found some make-up transferring onto my reports at work (not good lol)

Infallible Mattifying Primer 



This is a silicon based primer that mattifies, prepares and smooths the skin but minimises the appearance of pores and imperfections which allows the foundation to glide on seamlessly.





Application



I applied this lightly to the skin, its never a good thing to go overboard on primer.  It left my skin very smooth and evened out my pores.  It felt very light on my skin. It kept my make-up on very well all day.  I would say that this is the nearest drugstore alternative to the Smashbox photo finish primer.  

It can be bought in Boots and participating pharmacies across the country for €11.99.  But as I said above look out for the offers in Boots.

Have you tried either of these products?  Let me know how you got on?  Or if you have any recomendations on products I should try out, I would love to hear your comments.

Follow me on Instragram   https://instagram.com/eithnehennessy/

Follow me on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/eithnesmakeup

Luv Eithne xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment